Friday, February 12, 2010

Mother of the year-NOT

Okay so if any of you people out there own a Bumbo I strongly reccomend not putting it on a high surface! Brielle LOVES the Bumbo as did Brit and Brynlie. None of them have ever been able to get out of the Bumbo until Brielle somehow mastered it. On February 8th(Brit's birthday-sorry Brit) while sitting in it she slipped out somehow and rolled off of the kithen cupboard:( She never lost consciousness but screamed bloody murder, started puking and wanting to go to sleep. I immediately headed for the ER(no make-up or hair done) while Cody took Brit and Brynlie to his dads house. On the way to the hospital I called my mom to come meet me there as well and then my phone rang and it was Brooklyn saying she didn't feel well. I called my mom back and asked her to go and get Brooklyn first. Cody, Clyde and my mom all got to the hospital about the same time. Cody and Grandpa Clyde gave her a quick blessing just before they took her in for a CAT scan. The result of the scan showed a skull fracture and so they sent us to Primary Childrens for a 24 hour observation. We opted in driving her there ourselves rather than by ambulance because she already seemed to be doing much better. She was getting her coloring back and acting like her happy self.

Once we got to the ER at Primary Childrens and was admitting us we kept getting asked over and over how her accident happened. At first I thought nothing of it and retold the story exactly how it happened every time. Then a nurse from the Neurology unit came in and was asking us questions and wanted to take off all of her clothes to check for any further injuries when it hit me that they were looking for any other signs of abuse on her. At first I couldn't believe that they thought that I would abuse such a CUTE thing and then I realized they were just doing there job. How sad that they have to do that but I know there are people out there who abuse their kids):

After a long 24 hours of observation we were able to take her home and she has been just fine since. I guess we will really know of any head trauma when she is about 16 years old. Oh yeah, that is when her brain will most likely turn to mush anyway. NOT looking forward to that. Even though 5 little kids are hard I would rather have them at the ages they are now than teenagers(I THINK).
I know I have said it before but I LOVE Primary Childrens Hospital. The staff there is AMAZING but I seriously NEVER want to go there again!!!!


Brielle in bed at Primary Childrens. Those little jammies looked so cute on her. So glad everything turned out alright because I don't know what I would do without my little blue eyed baby, she has brought us so much happiness the last 7 months. Love Ya Bri

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawny said...

So scary Tracie. I'm glad she's alright!

March 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home