
Cody usually goes goose hunting twice a week during the whole goose hunt(October-mid january I think)and has done since we got married. He is very lucky and goes on some private property that is leased out. Last week was a little different though. He saw some geese land in a field behind our house. He called the owner to see if he could set up in there and he said no because they had just planted something in there. So Cody and the neighbor Travis laid in the ditch behind our house. I woke up to the sound of gun shots and then Cody calling to see if a goose was on our back yard. I looked and told him no I did not see any dead geese on our back yard. About 30 minutes later I was sending the kids out the door to get on the bus and when Brooklyn walked out the front door this is what she saw--a dead goose ten feet from our from porch. Just then Cody pulled in the driveway and saw it as well. Who can say they have shot a goose and had it land on their front porch?
3 Comments:
Ha ha that is awesome. I can't believe it landed in your yard. And your poor horses leg looks awful! And I don't know if Brynlie will survive those two rowdy boys! Hopefully Brooklyn will be around to save her! :)
Too cute Tracie - Love your blog!
katie s
Hi Tracie, this is Brittany, you don't know me (ha ha) but my husband (johnse davis - went by clint in highschool) and cody were friends in highschool and we just saw you guys at the sf roping a few weeks ago. i found your blog on the sfhs1994 website! anyway just wanted to say hi and i know johnse would love to be able to catch up with cody more. i am so glad to see that your little boy is doing better. we were so sorry to hear about his accident! take care and i am sure we will see you soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home